Wednesday, May 24, 2006

4 days til I'm on a plane


Well, time is getting to the wire and things are picking up here. I spent my last weekend in Eugene and got to spend some much needed quality time with Paul. We went to our thai restaurant for the last time where the waitresses know us and what our favorite dishes are. Paul surprised me by taking me to the very first restaurant we ate at in Eugene! It was very anti-climatic the entire weekend, no real "last time we are doing this moments." Everything felt like it was just another weekend, but for me and Paul, we realized it was our last weekend. Wow, didn't realize how very hard it is going to be to leave him. Its hard thinking about the fact that I won't be talking to him every night about what I did for that particular day. I can't believe that I am leaving the person I love, but I know that I am doing it for a good reason. He's one person that I can count on to understand why I am thinking about things the way I do.
It still doesn't seem very real to me to think that this time next week I will be on my way to Malawi and won't see anyone I know for 2 years. I am very scared, excited, nervous, anxious, and every other emotion you can think of. I know that everything will be shocking and crazy when I get there with being emotionally drained and physically exhausted from jet-lag and lots of flying.
While in Eugene, I got to spend some time with the girls at Morgan's birthday party, brunch the next day, and watching Desperate Housewives for the last time....someone's gotta record them or something for me over the next 2 years...
So, this week will be very busy seeing people before I go, lots of last minute shopping for toiletries, must haves, and lots of organizational packing. I will get to spend a lot of time with my parents, since I know I will miss them alot.
Well, maybe I will get on here before I fly out of Portland...not sure when I will get to write on here when I am in Malawi...depends how often I get to a big city with an internet cafe! I wish everyone lots of luck with everything they are doing!! I am going to miss all of you so much!! If you feel like you need to write or send me anything, ask mom and she can tell you how to do that...or email me before I go!

No comments: