Friday, July 28, 2006

I'm a "real" volunteer!!

Hey guys! I was sworn in yesterday as an "official" first year health volunteer for Peace Corps! It was kind of weird and very much like a government ceremony. It was very cool to be sworn in! It was at the ambassador's house, which was basically a mansion with tennis courts, basketball court, swimming pool, koi pond, and lots of land! Just another reason why I would love to figure out how to become an ambassador! I've been busy buying stuff for my new house, but its very difficult because you have to argue over eveything! It is such a hassle to argue about the price of a scrub brush! I am picking up 2 skirts and a shoulder bag that I had made at the tailor's for only K1300 (about $11 USD)! Absolutely amazing! I can't wait to see it! I have no idea what to expect! If you come visit me, expect to go to the market to buy fabric and then I will take you to a tailor to get some thing "african" made!
Let's see, what else.....nothing much but getting ready to leave for site and have no access to other Americans for a least one month or more. Who knows if I will have internet access. I will be hoping for some mail with my new address....it can probably get pretty lonely out in the African bush all by yourself...I will try to post some pictures from swearing in, but I don't know when that will actually happen! I will let you know! Hope everything is going good in the US! I miss the cheesecake factory so much!!!!!! I miss all of you lots!

No comments: